We are working to unify, beautify and create a safe environment. Why? Because we love living in Woodstock, hands down Cape Town’s best suburb. Want to find out more about us and what we do?
We envisage a harmonious, clean, green, safe, child friendly and proud community.
- To promote and safeguard the interests of the community of the area
- To co-operate and liase with other organisations in order to further the objectives of the association
- To secure the area against crime
- To clear the area of anti-social behaviour
- To enhance the appearance of the area
- To build a community spirit bound together by mutual respect
METHODS OF OPERATION
- Organising activities within the community
- Disseminating important of information and encouraging communication
- Working and interacting with other role-players
UWRA COMMITTEE MEMBERS: 2012-2013
Grant Quixley - Chair
Liana Muller - Co-secretary
Nils Hanson - Co-secretary
Warren Daly - Treasurer
Laura Myers - Communications
Membership of the Upper Woodstock Residents Association is open to all residents living in Upper Woodstock, whether they are owners or tenants.
UWRA is consulted by a number of organisations and institutions, like the City Council, developers, Liquor Board, SAPS and others on many different issues affecting our area. It is important that UWRA has a mandate to speak on behalf of as many residents as possible and can show that it is indeed a powerful body. Therefore we encourage all residents to become members of UWRA.
Membership fees are R100 per year per household. Fees can be paid into the UWRA bank account:
- Upper Woodstock Residents Association
- Standard Bank
- Thibault Square (020909)
- 07 119 826 1
If paying directly into our bank account, please provide your details (name, address and e-mail address, if you have).